Chester Capitone sofa
Chesterfield or chester sofas (abbreviation used in Spanish), are an indisputable and emblematic symbol of the Classic English Style.
Traditionally in leather, but also in its fabric versions, this unmistakable icon of quality upholstery is always in fashion.
Chesterfield's history dates back to the early XNUMXth century when they were used to set the scene for the exclusive and elitist London social clubs, where only male members were allowed in. In the following decades it passed into the living rooms of British houses of high society and later became popular until it became an icon of British decoration and the quintessential English classic sofa.
Tufted Upholstered Sofa:
Capitoné is an upholstery style of English origin and characteristic of the Chesterfield sofa. At present it is still valid and you will see it both on sofas and armchairs, chairs and stools. You also find it in headboards and coffee tables.
Main characteristics of the tufted upholstery style:
- It consists of a padded upholstery It presents a fluffy appearance thanks to the buttons that, distributed geometrically by the upholstery, give that characteristic aspect to the style.
- Both the original upholstery and the reupholstered make the piece in question more expensive since it needs more fabric and more work. It is, in return, a resistant upholstery.
- The material used ranges from leather (worn leather finishes are in fashion) to fabrics of different textures, from chenillas to velvet through cotton and velvet.
- You can find upholstered furniture in this style also with wooden frames, almost always varnished, which give it an even more regal appearance.
- The tufted will give your furniture a cozy look and is classic and elegant. Some element upholstered in this genuinely British style in your home will make the environment in which you place it rise whole.
It is also, despite its classicism, very easy to integrate into any type of decoration. Use it more boldly with the intense and saturated colors that are trending each season. The result will be spectacular.